Like The Show? Leave A Rating: https://ratethispodcast.com/successstory
About The Guest
Andrew Nichols has been a Technical Pre-Sales Engineer for Samsung for 8 years and has been focused on delivering secure mobile solutions to many brands and companies you recognize. He is focused on living an independent and eco-friendly lifestyle with his family; growing food for the year, raising a flock of chickens, harvesting rainwater, and collecting solar energy to power his EV and E-Bike.
Andrew graduated from the University of Washington with a B.S. in Informatics and a focus on Information Assurance which spearheaded his interest in the world of privacy and security. Currently, Andrew has been volunteering and leading an organization in his community known as the ReMakery which is dedicated to helping teach and perform repairs for broken items in his community, as well as investigating using tech and techniques to turn trash into desirable products and objects.
- 00:00 — Intro
- 03:07 — Andrew Nichols’s origin story
- 05:26 — What was the first job that allowed Andrew Nichols to start learning about what he’s doing now?
- 10:03 — Why did Andrew pursue a field that is mission critical?
- 12:45 — The current environment for corporate security
- 24:39 — Solving human problems regarding corporate security
- 31:57 — How do people get attacked and how is their security compromised in an organization?
- 42:40 — Some mobile security cases that weren’t set up properly
- 45:10 — Why did Samsung want to champion security?
- 49:10 — What differentiates Samsung Knox from other mobile security systems?
- 54:43 — What were some of the most interesting deployments made by Andrew Nichols?
- 1:00:39 — Some new things that will prevail in mobile security in the next 5 years
- 1:09:27 — Where can people connect with Andrew Nichols?
- 1:10:55 — What keeps Andrew up at night?
- 1:13:51 — The biggest challenge Andrew has ever faced in his life
- 1:16:51 — The most impactful person in Andrew’s life
- 1:19:15 — A book, podcast, or source to learn from recommended by Andrew Nichols
Podcast & Newsletter Sponsors
- HUBSPOT – https://hubspot.com/
Watch on YouTube
What is the Success Story Podcast?
On this podcast, you’ll find interviews, Q&A, keynote presentations & conversations on sales, marketing, business, startups, and entrepreneurship.
The podcast is hosted by entrepreneur, business executive, author, educator & speaker, Scott D. Clary.
Scott will discuss some of the lessons he’s learned over his own career, as well as have candid interviews with execs, celebrities, notable figures, and politicians. All who have achieved success through both wins and losses, to learn more about their life, their ideas, and insights.
He sits down with leaders and mentors and unpacks their stories to help pass those lessons on to others through both experiences and tactical strategies for business professionals, entrepreneurs, and everyone in between.
Host of the Success Story Podcast: https://www.successstorypodcast.com
CEO/Founder of OnMi Patch: https://newsletter.scottdclary.com/
Write a Daily Business Newsletter to 40,000 People: https://newsletter.scottdclary.com/
Contact: Scott D. Clary MBA |416-522-5622 | firstname.lastname@example.org