Salespeople deal with enormous amounts of stress and negativity.
For ever deal closed, there’s countless unanswered emails and calls with interactions with uninterested, potentially hostile prospects and nonstop rejection.
You’ll have to have thick skin and extreme mental fortitude to persevere through all the “No’s” in order to achieve a “Yes”.
But you’re not alone.
Every single leader, salesperson, businessman and great mind has encountered constant rejection, struggle and dismissal on their road to greatness.
The most successful people of our generation and of generations past, didn’t just suffer through hard times, they used these hard times to succeed, thrive and prosper.
Below are inspirational quotes about business, sales and success, from those very same people that challenged adversity with every fiber of their being and came out on top.
Read on, be inspired and carpe diem (seize the day).
- “Begin by always expecting good things to happen.” — Tom Hopkins
- “For every sale you miss because you’re too enthusiastic, you will miss a hundred because you’re not enthusiastic enough.” — Zig Ziglar
- “All things being equal, people will do business with, and refer business to, those people they know, like, and trust.” — Bob Burg
- “Treat objections as requests for further information.” — Brian Tracy
- “The best way to sell yourself to others is first to sell the others to yourself.” — Napoleon Hill
- “Ninety percent of selling is conviction and 10 percent is persuasion.” — Shiv Khera
- “Obstacles are necessary for success because in selling, as in all careers of importance, victory comes only after many struggles and countless defeats.” — Og Mandino
- “One of the best predictors of ultimate success … isn’t natural talent or even industry expertise, but how you explain your failures and rejections.” — Daniel H. Pink
- “If you are not taking care of your customer, your competitor will.” — Bob Hooey
- “To build a long-term, successful enterprise, when you don’t close a sale, open a relationship.” — Patricia Fripp
Sales and business in general is a constant test of ones mental will and strength. To realize that, no matter how hard our struggle, someone has dealt with and figured out obstacles that our 10 times as difficult as our particular predicament offers us a strange sense of security, safety and solace.
These 10 inspirational sales quotes help me get through my day, hopefully they help you too.